Friday, November 2, 2007

The Beginning


Howdy all~


In the future, I hope to post blogs on trips I happen to make serving with United Youth Corps overseas. When circumstances allow, I'll post pics and update. For now, I await my next trip in December to Kenya, Jordan, and Israel. Myself, Mr. Tim Waddle and 5 young adults from UCG plan to help staff a teen/youth camp for the Church in Kenya for 72 teens. I then to go Jordan to visit with our two volunteers at the Amman Baccalaureate School--Matt and Maryann Bates. They have been serving as student teachers at this premier high school in Amman. My next post will likely be just prior to the trip!


~Doug Horchak

1 comment:

rc45 said...

Hello Mr. Horchak,
I am so happy that you have decided to post this blog. It is such a great resource for those that are not fortunate enough to travel internationally to see how things are in all areas of this globe. With the pictures that you post we can actually see the brethren that are in so many of the areas that you and others such as those who are UYC volunteers,as well as ministers,such as Mr.Mark Mickelson and Mr.Fred Kellers in Nigeria.
Mr. Kubik and John Lambert in the Nordic and Eastern Europe,as well as Joel Meeker use travel blogs as he travels in the French speaking areas of the world. Also Mr. John Elliot does a travel blog when he is in Kenya.
I also am glad that we have the resource of the UYC website that Richard Macareg does from the church office in the Phillipines. He does a tremendous service in maintaining and updates the UYC website. From this website there are links to blogs that UYC volunteers do as they serve and travel in all parts of the world where they go.
Again thanks for your blog.
Reggie and Sandy Warren